Following in the tradition of the Arts’ 20 Relay, a historical UBC event which pays homage to the founding of the UBC Point Grey campus, UBC Recreation Intramurals in partnership with RUNVAN® are creating the Great Trek Student Relay. This relay is open to UBC students only and is comprised of a team of four people each running approximately 2KM in a relay style race against various faculties, residences, and clubs across campus.
Come out with four friends or classmates and run for fun or run to win! Don’t miss the start of a new UBC tradition and a great event to remember while at UBC.
Date: Saturday, October 26, 2019
Start & Finish: UBC, Student Union Building, 6133 University Blvd
Course: Approximately 8KM total (Four legs, each approximately 2KM)
*The Great Trek Relay is open to current UBC students only. All participants must enter a valid UBC student number during registration and present their UBC Student ID at Package Pickup.
What’s included with Fall Classic registration
- $20 gift card from Forerunners valid on New Balance gear (min. $75 spend)
- Exclusive RUNVAN® x Great Trek toque
- Race bib with built-in timing chip
- Complimentary refreshments
- Free, convenient and secure gear check
- Free Expo inside the Nest with great merchandise
- Post-race celebrations with lively entertainment
- You may also run and fundraise for charity
Registering Your Team
The Team Captain is responsible for registering the entire team. The information for each Relay member requested at time of registration is below:
- Name, gender, birthdate, age and email address
- Street address, city, province, country
Team captains will register all members and pay for the entire team. If you are the Team captain and want to collect payment from teammates, please coordinate that exchange on your own behalf. Once registration is successful, an email will be sent to each Relay member and the subsequent e-waiver must be signed.